CSnet Privacy Statement
The Privacy Information provided here relates to personal information collected by CSnet® customer organisations using the CSnet® service, as well as personal information related to individuals who register for a demo site and/or who submit contact details on the CSnet® promotional website.
CSnet® is owned and operated by Community Services.net Pty Ltd, which is incorporated in Australia, and operates out of Brisbane, Queensland.
Personal Information collected by CSnet® customer organisations
CSnet® is an Australian web-based client information system designed to assist our human services customers to:
- Provide client-centred services and work with partner organisations to meet the needs of clients
- Manage and demonstrate outcomes for clients of human services
- Provide whole-of-organisation information management services
- Monitor case management and the achievement of project goals
- Report internally within an organisation and with partner organisations, to government or other funding agencies.
Here at CSnet®, we take our responsibility very seriously to meet Australian laws about the security and safety of personal information collected by customer organisations. When those customers sign up to use the service, a CSnet® Ongoing License and Hosting Agreement is signed, under which –
- The ownership of all personal information collected and stored in CSnet® is vested in the customer organisation
- The customer organisation and CSnet® agree to comply with the Australian Commonwealth Privacy Laws and Australian Privacy Principles that relate to the collection, use, access, safety and security of personal information
- Any third parties that need to have access to personal information held in CSnet® because of funding agreements with, or other obligations to, government agencies or other partners, are identified
- Circumstances in which CSnet®, in providing the service, may have to access to data, including personal information, are set out. The Agreement ensures that these circumstances are strictly managed and authorisations for access are strictly limited
- The CSnet® service includes hosting and storage of the data, including personal information, on behalf of the customer organisation, at a secure data centre. No data is stored outside of Australia.
In meeting their obligations under the Australian Commonwealth Privacy Laws and Australian Privacy Principles, CSnet® customer organisations are responsible for –
- Telling clients where and how their personal information is stored in CSnet®, and elsewhere as necessary
- Managing process for sharing personal information with third parties
- Managing any limits to confidentiality that may arise from a legal duty to disclose the information, such as where the information relates to a criminal offence or court order
- Managing requests for access to, or correction of, Personal Information in accord with the Australian Commonwealth Privacy Laws and Australian Privacy Principles, and responding to complaints as necessary.
To the greatest extent legally possible, we require our data service providers, contractors and staff to comply with Australian privacy laws and the Australian Privacy Principles to prevent misuse or disclosure of personal information.
Under the terms of our customer Ongoing License and Hosting Agreements, CSnet® will provide all reasonable assistance to customers to meet their obligations under the Australian Commonwealth Privacy Laws and Australian Privacy Principles.
Individuals who register for a demo site and/or who submit contact details on the promotional website
Individuals who submit contact details on the CSnet promotional website are required to provide:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone number
Individuals who register for a demo site on the CSnet® promotional website are required to provide the following information –
- The name of the organisation they represent
- Their name
- Their email address
- The phone number
- The programs of interest to be included in CSnet®
- The number of potential users of the CSnet® service in the organisation they represent.
- Individuals registering for a demo site and/or submitted contact details are asked to agree to the terms and conditions of accessing the demo, including the protection of CSnet® intellectual property inherent in the demo.
1. Sharing information with third parties
We will never sell personal information to third parties and we won’t use a person’s name or company in marketing statements without your express permission.
2. Limits to confidentiality
The only time we may have to share information on individuals registering for a demo site and/or having submitted contact details without their consent is if we believe that the law requires us to do so (e.g. if a criminal offence is committed or if a court orders that we have to provide information). This is very rare.
Unless we are legally prevented from doing so, we will advise an individual registering for a demo site and/or submitting contact details that we have received a request to share their information with a third party without their consent.
3. Secure Storage of Information in Australia
Personal information related to individuals registering for a demo site and/or submitting contact details is safely and securely stored on servers wholly within Australia. Only persons authorised by CSnet® are able to access personal information.
We do not store any personal information in overseas data centres.
4. Your Personal Information & Your Rights
If you are an individual who has registered for a CSnet® demo site and/or has submitted contact details, you have a right to access personal information that we have collected about you, namely –
- The name of the organisation you represent
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your phone number.
If you wish to access this information, just let our Privacy Officer know that you want to see your records. We will give you a form to complete and ask you for details about what you want to see so that we can identify the appropriate records and process your request.
The Privacy Officer will review your request as soon as possible after receiving your completed form. If you are a client of a CSnet® customer organisation, then our Privacy Officer will talk to our customer about your request. Access to information held in your records will be allowed unless:
- the information relates to personal information about another person and if it would breach their confidentiality to release it to you without their consent
- the sharing of the information may have a serious impact on the safety and wellbeing of a person
- the release of the information may interfere with an investigation into unlawful activity
- the release of the information would breach a contract we have with a customer organisation
- if we are prevented by law to release the information to you.
The Privacy Officer will contact you and let you know about the outcome of your request within 5 working days of your request.
If you believe there is personal information held by CSnet® that is inaccurate, incomplete or misleading, you have a right to ask for the information to be amended.
You can withdraw your consent to CSnet holding your personal information at any time. Contact our Privacy Officer at CSnet® at email@example.com with details of your requests.
5. Your rights if you think there has been a breach of your confidentiality or privacy
If you are an individual who has registered for a CSnet® demo site and/or have submitted contact details, you have the right to request information about how your personal information is handled, to complain, and seek a review of a decision about how your personal information is managed. Any enquiry or complaint about a breach of your confidentiality or privacy will be treated seriously by CSnet® and responded to as soon as possible.
You can contact our Privacy Officer at any time with your request or complaint. Our Privacy Officer will respond to you as soon as possible after you have lodged your request in writing to discuss your request and identify what action you would like us to take.
6. Use of website visitor information in analytics
CSnet® uses information, which is not personal information, to analyse the effectiveness of its promotional website. The information collected includes –
- Visitor numbers
- Dates and times of visits to the website
- Most popular pages
- Last page viewed before logging off
No identifying or personal information is used in the analysis of the promotional website.
Contact our Privacy Officer for further information
If you want further information from CSnet®, you can contact our Privacy Officer at CSnet® at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other places to get information about Privacy
You can also get further information about privacy from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner Enquiries Line 1300 363 992